Monday, March 10, 2008

The Newell's


his is Meaghan, I wanted to add a picture of Ben and me to your blog but I couldn't so I had to create a blog, I hope you don't mind. Please keep updating your blog, I just wanted to post a picture of Ben and I, so my friend is helping me figure this blog thing out. Don't expect updates on this blog :)

I'm sitting in the hall right now they are about to do something with Ben so we are working on this blog entry. I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and support, it has really made a difference and has been a good witness to the hospital workeres. Right now it is REALLY funny to be with Ben because he has been delirious (very funny) the last few days. He has been saying and doing a lot of funny things and I wanted to share a few of my favorites so you all can enjoy them:
1) "I think I'm suffering from post pardem depression" - Ben talking about missing his former heart.
2) "What's a feeding tube between friends"
3) I enjoyed Ben singing a song about his catheter today as well.

Logan has not shown any side effects from his first chemo treatment. He is back with his grama and loving it! Emma is still with the Bridges. We cannot thenk them enough. Please continue to pray for them and bless them.

It is a different feeling to finally see an end to all this. I can't say I have enjoyed it, but what an honor to be in a situation so clearly guided by His hand and and to have an answer ready for the hope that is within us. It is scary to say to God you'll go wherever He'll take you, but having been there I can attest to His ability to carry us mightily through it all. Don't be afraid to trust Him- He is good.


-Meaghan

5 comments:

The Dorrs said...

So good to see your faces! Thanks for the update...we will keep you in our prayers!

-beka

Anonymous said...

Meaghan,
Thank you for the great update on Ben and it was very special seeing your smiling face also.
We continue to pray daily for the Lords healing and news that Ben will be up and active again as he heals from the heart God made available for him.
Love Aunt Wilma

Anonymous said...

Meaghan,

We have read of Logan's diagnosis and would be honored to add him to our website.

We will be keeping your entire family in our prayers as you all, so wonderfully, continue to live lives full of Christ.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, thought that the URL would be visible - the website is: www.icouldbeyourchild.org

Anonymous said...

Ben and Meaghan, Dan and I are praising the Lord with you and praying for you. Love you guys, Dan & Chris Hill