Thursday, March 20, 2008

Newell Update

Sorry for the long delay in updates, but I have been waiting for some actual news.

Ben: Ben is doing very well and is progressively getting better by the day. He has still had some nausea and headaches, but the doctors say that it could be due to weening him off of some of the drugs he has had. He is keeping food down now as well which is an improvement. There are a few things that the doctors want to see before he can go home. They want him to be up and walking more than he is, and also see how he responds once off some of the medication that he is getting now. After those things have proven to be positive then he can go home!

Ethel: Ethel has been diagnosed with diverticulitis. This is unrelated to her previous operation a few weeks ago. She is on a strict diet right now and they are waiting to see how she does in the coming week.

Logan: Logan has been doing well on the chemotherapy and got a little sick, but is better now after some medicine. He has been responding well to the treatment so far and is doing well.

Jordan Lambert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Newell Family,
My name's Kelli and I found you first through the Stayton Mail and then through the internet. I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you all. I can't believe what you've all had to endure and are still going through but am so encouraged by your faith and trust in Him through it all. I have a blog and if you don't mind I'd like to link to this blog for people to pray and to inform them of your situation. I also wanted to post about suffering and trials and God being our source of satisfaction though rough times. But I wanted to get your permission first. Anyways I'll continue to pray either way. Hang in there. Blessings,
Kelli Whisenhunt

- said...

That would be fine. Thank You

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I made the post last night and I went to publish it and it got deleted. So I'm going to try again tomorrow. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know as well that I'm originally from Stayton and went to High School the same time as Ben. So I remember Him. I originally saw the article in the paper for Logan. I kept up with his blog for awhile then I lost it and couldn't remember it. Then I saw another article in the paper about Ben and couldn't believe my eyes! So long story short I looked you guys up and found ya. I'll continue to pray for you. By the way my blog is standingongrace.wordpress.com. I'll post about your family tomorrow. I don't have a ton of readers, mosty just family but they are praying family so I figure the more prayers the better. God Bless you. Kelli

Anonymous said...

Is there an update?